Use prepared 9 inch springform pans. Reduce the baking time, and bake the two cheesecakes for 40-45 minutes, or until the sides are set and a little puffy and the center is slightly jiggly. They will firm up during cooling. Continue to follow the directions, and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Red Velvet Cake Recipe
The second step in making The Cheesecake Factory’s Red Velvet Cheesecake is making the cake layers. Mix one batch of Red Velvet Cake Recipe batter according to directions. Spray or butter one 9 inch round cake pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until tooth pick comes out clean. Cool cake layer 10-15 minutes before loosening, then remove from the pan, cool completely and chill for a few hours. Carefully slice through the red velvet cake layer horizontally, making sure to cut into two evenly sized layers. Freeze cake layers for at least four hours or overnight. Meanwhile, make the buttercream frosting and cover unrefrigerated until ready to use.
Buttercream Frosting Recipe
* 1/2 pound solid shortening (1 cup)
* 1/2 pound butter, room temperature (1 cup or 2 sticks)
* 4 Tablespoons marshmallow creme
* 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 5 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted (powdered sugar)
* 2 Tablespoon water as needed
2. Add powdered sugar one cup at a time, beating after each addition until smooth.
3. Add water a little at a time until the frosting is of spreading consistency. Add more water if necessary. Frosting should be totally smooth with no lumps.Assembling the Red Velvet Cheesecake1. Carefully remove chilled NY Style Cheesecake layers from springform pans. Place one Red Velvet Cake layer on a pretty serving plate, and spread with a very small dab of frosting for the “glue”. Top with one cheesecake layer, and another dab of frosting. Repeat with remaining Red Velvet Cake layer, frosting, then top with the last cheesecake layer. Chill the cake while getting the frosting ready.
2. Place 1 cup of Buttercream Frosting in a large pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Frost the Red Velvet Cheesecake with an offset spatula, smoothing top and sides, being careful not to rip the cake up resulting in crumbs in the frosting. Using the filled pastry bag, pipe a border of frosting all around the edge of the cake top. If desired, pipe 12-16 equally spaced rosettes on top.
3. Chill Red Velvet Cheesecake until time to plate and serve. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers. Serve with raspberry coulis (sauce) if desired. Yields 12-16 slices.———————————————————————————————————————————————————-