Chili’s Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
Chili’s Chicken Enchilada Soup – The Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup chicken base
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups diced yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 cups Masa Harina (Mexican flour)
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 4 quarts water (separated into 1 and 3 quart amounts)
- 3 pounds cooked, cubed chicken breast
- 1/2 pound processed American or Velveeta cheese, cut into small cubes
- Shredded Mexican cheese, fresh pico de gallo, and crunchy tortilla strips
Please visit the Facebook page by clicking this text!
Chili’s Chicken Enchilada Soup – The Process:
- In large pot, combine oil, chicken base, onion, and spices. Saute until onions are soft and clear (about 5 minutes).
- In a mixing bowl, combine Masa Harina with 1 quart water. Stir until all lumps dissolve.
- Add Masa Harina “rue” to sauteed onions, bring to a boil. Once mixture starts to bubble, continue cooking 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. This will eliminate any raw taste from Masa Harina.
- Add tomatoes and remaining 3 quarts water to pot. Let mixture return to boil stirring occasionally.
- Add American cheese (or Velveeta) to soup. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese melts.
- Add chicken; heat through.
- Ladel into BIG soup bowls.
- Top with mixed cheese shreds, pico de gallo, and tortilla strips.
- Enjoy your Chili’s Enchilada Soup!