- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup store bought Teriyaki marinade
- 4 cups chopped green leaf lettuce
- 4 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- ½ cup drained mandarin orange wedges
- ½ cup drained pineapple chunks
- 1½ – 2 cups fresh fried tortilla strips
- pico de gallo
- Chili’s Honey Lime Dressing
- In a large resealable plastic bag, shake chicken and teriyaki sauce. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours (preferrably overnight).
- Combine lettuce and cabbage in a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly, cover, and chill.
- When ready, grill chicken on a George Foreman Grill or backyard barbecue grill approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Slice grilled chicken into thin strips
- On 2-3 large serving plates, evenly divide chilled salad greens.
- Top each salad with tortilla strips, mandarin oranges, pineapple chunks, pico de gallo (recipe to follow), and grilled chicken.
- Serve with a side of Chili’s Honey Lime Dressing (recipe to follow).
Pico De Gallo:
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup diced spanish onion (or your favorite kind of onion)
- 2 tsp. fresh, raw jalapeño… seeded, de-ribbed, and diced
- 2 tsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- pinch of salt
Simply combine all ingredients in a small bowl and chill.
Chili’s Honey Lime Dressing:
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup dijon mustard1½ tbsp. sugar
- 1½ tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
With an electric mixer, combine all ingredients in a small bowl until creamy and consistent. Cover and chill.