Chili’s Grilled Caribbean Chicken Salad – The Ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup store bought Teriyaki marinade
- 4 cups chopped green leaf lettuce
- 4 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- ½ cup drained mandarin orange wedges
- ½ cup drained pineapple chunks
- 1½ – 2 cups fresh fried tortilla strips (sub thin, broken tortilla chips, if preferred)
- pico de gallo (recipe to follow)
- Chili’s Honey Lime Dressing (recipe to follow)
Chili’s Grilled Caribbean Chicken Salad – The Process:
- In a large resealable plastic bag, shake chicken and teriyaki sauce. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours (preferrably overnight).
- Combine lettuce and cabbage in a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly, cover, and chill.
- When ready, grill chicken on a George Foreman Grill or backyard barbecue grill approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Slice grilled chicken into thin strips
- On 2-3 large serving plates, evenly divide chilled salad greens.
- Top each salad with tortilla strips, mandarin oranges, pineapple chunks, pico de gallo (recipe to follow), and grilled chicken.
- Serve with a side of Chili’s Honey Lime Dressing (recipe to follow).