Chili’s Monterey Chicken – The Ingredients:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp. of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 8 slices thick applewood smoked bacon, cooked and drained
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2-3 roma tomatoes, diced
- chopped green onions to taste, if desired
Chili’s Monterey Chicken – The Process:
- Pound chicken breasts until nearly flattened. Season with salt & pepper.
- Grill chicken on George Foreman Grill or on your outdoor barbecue grill. (Pan frying is okay, but not ideal.)
- While chicken is grilling, set your oven to broil.
- When chicken is cooked through, place each breast on a seperate serving plate.
- Top each breast with equal amounts of barbecue sauce, bacon (2 strips each), and cheese.
- Carefully set each plate under your broiler for 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted.
- Using an oven mit, remove each plate from the oven and sprinkle tomatoes and green onions (if desired) over the top of each chicken breast.
- Serve with steamed or grilled veggies and mashed potatoes with pepper gravy.