Olive Garden Fried Mozzarella Recipe
Olive Garden Fried Mozzarella – The Ingredients:
- 16 oz. mozzarella cheese block
- ¼ cup water
- 2 well beaten eggs
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. Garlic salt
- 1½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- Vegetable oil for deep frying.
Olive Garden Fried Mozzarella – The Process:
- Slice mozzarella ¾” thick, then cut diagonally to make “right triangles.”
- Combine water and eggs. Beat well and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and flour. Set aside.
- Combine garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and bread crumbs. Set aside.
- If you have deep fryer, fill with vegetable oil and heat to 360 degrees F. Otherwise, use a small, deep frying pan and fill with 2 to 3 inches of vegetable oil… set to medium heat and let get hot enough to immediately fry whatever touches it.
- Roll mozzarella triangles in flour, then eggwash, and finally bread crumb mixture.
- Carefully place cheese triangles in hot oil and fry until golden brown. (This only takes a few seconds so keep a close watch!)
- When finished, remove fried mozzarella from hot oil and set on paper towels to drain.
- Serve with a nice spicy marinara sauce.
Please visit the Facebook page by clicking this text!