Olive Garden Tiramisu – The Ingredients:
- 10 to 12 inch sponge cake, approximately 3” thick
- 2-3 oz. premium espresso, brewed strong
- 2-3 oz. rum, brandy, or cognac
- 24 oz. softened cream cheese, room temp.
- 1.5 cups powdered sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, as needed
Olive Garden Tiramisu – The Process:
- Slice sponge cake horizontally, forming two thin cakes of equal thickness. Call one the “top half” and the other the “bottom half.”
- Mix liquor and espresso together.
- Carefully drizzle half of this concoction over the bottom half of cake. Avoid making the cake wet or soupy. Dampen it without compromising its “structural integrity.”
- Thoroughly combine cream cheese and powdered sugar. This mixture should be extremely soft and spreadable. If needed, microwave for 5 to 10 seconds (but don’t melt).
- Spread half of this softened, sweetened cream cheese blend on top of the “espresso-treated” bottom half.
- Repeat steps 3-5 with the sponge cake’s top half.
- Carefully place the top half on the bottom half (cream cheese blend should be on the top portion of each).
- Refrigerate cake for a minimum of 2 hours before cutting and serving.