Olive Garden Soups may be the most famous and enjoyed soups in North America. Olive Garden’s Soup selection is vast, and each soup sports an identity all its own and Zuppa Toscana Soup is one of the all time favorites!
- 3/4 cup onions, diced 1/8 inch
- 1 slice of bacon, 1/4-inch diced
- 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ounce chicken bouillon
- 1 quart water
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in half length-wise, then cross-cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups cavallo greens (kale can be substituted), cut in half, then cross-cut into 1/16 inch strips
- 1 1/2 cups spicy italian sausage links, cut in half length-wise, then cut at an angle into 1/2 inch slices
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- The Process:
- Place sausage link onto sheet pan and bake in 300 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until done.
- Place onions and bacon into 3-4 quart saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are almost clear.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 1 minute.
- Add chicken bouillon, water, and potatoes. Bring to a quick boil, then reduce heat (back to medium) and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for 5 more minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Ladel into soup bowls and enjoy!