- - 3 shots of fresh brewed espresso
- - 2 Tablespoons of Starbucks Signature Hot Chocolate
- - 3/4 cup cold whole milk
- - 1 tablespoon of semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Pour the hot espresso into a large ceramic mug with the chocolate chips. Stir or whisk until the chocolate dissolves into the espresso completely.
2. Add the hot chocolate to the espresso and stir in until smooth.
3. Steam the milk and slowly add the hot milk first to the mix, stirring the entire time. This will ensure the drink is smooth, and not lumpy.
4. Add the rest of the steamed milk and froth. Top with whipped cream if you’d like. Starbucks also tops the drink with what looks like dark chocolate shavings. For an iced version of this drink, do not steam the milk.